Are There Certain Denominators That Can Affect The Success Of Stomach Lipo
All patients coming to the clinic in Brisbane will have to undergo a thorough evaluation before the cosmetic surgeon recommends a course of action to provide each patient with a good success rate. The success rate of a liposuction procedure can depend on many different things, this includes your history of weight loss and weight gain, age, sex, the amount of fat removal and the areas of the body where the majority of the body fat is localised.
What Does It Involve
The surgeon would mark on your body the area where fat is to be removed. They would then:
- inject this area with a solution containing anaesthetic and medicine, to reduce blood loss, bruising and swelling
- break up the fat cells using high-frequency vibrations, a weak laser pulse or a high-pressure water jet
- make a small incision and insert a suction tubeattached to a vacuum machine
- move the suction tube back and forth to loosen the fat and suck it out
- drain any excess fluid and blood
- stitch up and bandage the treated area
This usually takes 1 to 3 hours. Most people need to stay in hospital overnight.
Am I A Good Fit For This Fat Reduction Surgery
Pregnancy, genetics, large weight fluctuations, and the natural aging process are all factors that change the appearance of your midsection. Isolated pockets of fat and loose skin can all be the result of various life occurrences. Abdominoplasty, or tummy tuck surgery, is performed to remove lower belly fat and excess skin for a more toned, flatter stomach. So, do you think you are a good fit for this cosmetic surgery?
- Have you recently lost weight but are now left with excess skin or pockets of fat in your lower abdomen?
- Are you noticing your stomach is not as tight even after healthy eating or exercise?
- Are you done having children and want help with lower belly fat or saggy skin?
- Have you managed a healthy body weight but still struggle with your midsection?
Also Check: What To Give Toddler With Stomach Bug
Do I Need Lipo Or Tummy Tuck
For patients with excess fat or stubborn pockets of fat with good skin tone and a flat abdominal wall, liposuction is the best treatment. Women after pregnancy can still be good candidates for only liposuction but more commonly the skin and abdominal wall is permanently stretched and is best improved with a tummy tuck.
How Should I Prepare For A Liposuction Procedure
To prepare for a liposuction procedure, you should make sure you have as much information about the procedure as possible and know what results you can realistically expect.
You should reach your optimal weight and be as healthy and fit as you can to recover from the surgery. If you smoke, you should quit smoking.
Discuss with your doctor if you need to make any changes to your medication before the surgery.
Don’t Miss: Can Anxiety Cause Upset Stomach
How Much Fat Can I Remove With Liposuction
As we mentioned, patients near Peachtree Corners and Atlanta, GA can remove up to five liters of excess fat during the liposuction procedure. However, the amount of fat we remove during one session depends on your health history, current weight, and the areas being treated. Removing too much can lead to surgical complications and undesirable results, such as infection, blood clots, and loose skin in the treatment area.
Instead of removing as much stomach fat as possible, Dr. Sotomayor at Gynecology and Cosmetic Surgery Center of Atlanta can work with you to develop a custom liposuction procedure plan. Our goal is to ensure successful results without the risks. In fact, our patients are surprised to find that only a small amount of fat removal can leave them looking and feeling amazing, so theres no need to take drastic measures.
Can Anyone Use Cryolipolysis
Anyone who is of sufficient health and within a certain range of weight should be fine for cryolipolysis. Fat freeing can leave loose skin behind after the procedure so someone who already has poor skin tone or loose skin may not be suitable. Anyone with cold related conditions such as cold urticaria should also avoid the treatment. All procedures should be discussed with a professional before decisions are made.
Don’t Miss: How To Treat Stomach Pain And Diarrhea
Before And After Abdomen Liposuction Photos
When choosing a surgeon to perform your belly liposuction you need to be very careful. Any surgeon will be able to remove some of your fat. The question should be, how completely?, how smoothly?, how shapely?. You dont want to have to go through a second procedure because you couldnt see the results, or you have lumpy bumpy results. We treat about 30% of our tummy liposuction patients for mistakes that other surgeons created. Always look at lots of before and after images until you are sure that the results look great! Dont settle for images that are hard to see details on. Look at how smooth that belly is afterward. If a surgeon doesnt have many photos that is also a red flag that they are not confident in their work, or have not done much.
We are very proud of our stomach and belly liposuction results as any good liposuction surgeon should be. We want you see our before and after gallery and pick over it with scrutiny and feel free to ask any questions. This should be the same with any good cosmetic surgeon.
What To Expect On The Day Of Theprocedure: Step
- On the day of the procedure, the patient will arrive at the surgeons office and begin the marking process, where the surgeon indicates where the liposuction will be performed by marking up the patients skin while they are standing.
- Surgery prep is the next step and usually includes IV fluid lines as well as hooking a patient up to various devices that will monitor their blood oxygen levels, blood pressure and heart rate throughout the procedure.
- A general anesthetic is now administered, putting the patient asleep for the duration of their procedure. If a patient does not want to use a general anesthetic, they can instead opt for intravenous sedation and local anesthesia. Surgeons determine which option is best for each patient.
- Once the patient is comfortably unaware, the plastic surgeon will make very small incisions, usually around 1/8 to ½ inch. Doctors attempt to utilize a patients body creases to hide the incisions when possible.
- Fat is prepared next before suctioning, using one of several techniques. Then, the fat is suctioned out via small hollow metal tubes, which are called cannulas that are inserted into the incisions. Fat goes from the body to receptacles.
- The surgeon closes incisions using surgical sutures. Some patients need extra drainage help. In these cases, small tubes will be inserted into the incision sites to ensure proper drainage.
Recommended Reading: How To Treat Stomach Cramps At Home
How Much Is Liposuction
- $2,075 – $11,750
Your liposuction cost will vary based on factors like your surgeons level of experience and surgery center location, what kind of anesthesia you have, and how many treatment areas are involved.
Usually, the first area is more expensive, because this price includes the costs of the operating room, equipment, and anesthetic,” explains Dr. Plant. “Once youre into additional areas, those costs have mostly been covered, and youre simply adding time, which allows for a price drop.
Liposuction is considered cosmetic surgery, which means health insurance doesn’t cover it.
How Soon Can I Workout After Having Liposuction
Patients are recommended to start light walking as soon as they feel comfortable during their liposuction recovery, typically within the first few days of surgery. Doing so can help facilitate the healing process. You can continue to increase your activity over the first two weeks, unless you are instructed otherwise. Strenuous exercise, however, should be avoided for at least a month to allow your body enough time to heal. Resuming exercise too early can lead to additional swelling or cause complications with your incisions.
Recommended Reading: Why Does My Stomach Feel Full
What Are The Benefits Of Liposuction
We’ve touched on the many benefits of liposuction as an elective cosmetic procedure, the biggest one being that it can permanently and immediately remove unwanted fat from almost any area of the bodyin larger volumes than nonsurgical treatment options can.
Liposuction is sometimes also treat some medical conditions, though it’s not always the treatment method of choice.
- Lipomas: These benign fatty tumors are usually removed by surgical excisionessentially cutting them out, which doctors on RealSelf say is the best way to ensure that the mass won’t recur. A 2017 study cites a high patient satisfaction rate for lipoma removal via liposuction, with no recurrences in the 12-month follow-up period. Still, it’s possible that some of the mass will be left behind, increasing the risk that the lipoma will eventually grow back.
- Gynecomastia: Depending on the severity of the issue, treatment plans for enlarged male breast tissue can involve liposuction alone , or a combination of lipo and surgical excision of glandular tissue, possibly paired with excess skin removal.
- Lymphedema: For people with this chronic condition, a build-up of lymphatic fluid leads to swelling and inflammation, often in the arms or legs, which stimulates fat cell growth. This extra fat can be removed via liposuction.
Do I Need A Tummy Tuck Or Liposuction
Even after sticking with a diet and exercise program and shedding most of the extra fat, many people still are not happy with the appearance of their belly or midsection. This is one of the most common complaints we hear as plastic surgeons.
Patients commonly are most frustrated with the fact that no matter how much exercise they do or how strict their diet, they cannot seem to get a flat-toned tummy. There are many possible explanations why this scenario is so common. For example, child-bearing or previous obesity can stretch the abdominal tissues to the point where simply burning off fat cannot create a flat stomach. Others can have a genetically determined poor distribution of fat making it very difficult to create a beautiful contour with the generalized or even fat loss that occurs with only diet and exercise. In many of these cases, body contouring surgery may be the only option to obtain the desired result, but the question remains: what is the right procedure, liposuction or a tummy tuck?
Read Also: How To Lose Stomach Fat But Not Buttocks
Can They Help Me Control My Weight
Fat freezing or indeed any non-surgical fat removal procedures should not be seen as a way to lose weight. They are a way to tone your body and improve the appearance of the stomach or other body parts that have been treated. You should practice living an active lifestyle alongside using cryolipolysis.
Your practitioner should advise you on exercise and diet when you discuss your treatment options.
Beware Of Loose Skin And Belly Hang
As you age, the amount of collagen your body produces decreases, which results in less skin elasticity meaning your skin doesnt bounce back like it used to. Now, theres no wrong age to get liposuction! But be aware, the older you are, the more likely skin laxity may be an issue, especially with stomach lipo.
We use SmartLipo on most cases here at Houston Lipo Center because it has been shown to increase collagen production, which firms and tightens skin in the area.
You may be aware that loose skin can be a problem after extreme weight loss it also can be an issue after liposuction. Laser-assisted liposuction like SmartLipo will give you the best possible skin-tightening results from liposuction alone. That said, there are some cases where, due to the size of the abdomen or the lack of skin elasticity, you may want to consider a tummy tuck.
Watch this video for more information on when skin laxity is an issue and when its not.
You May Like: Why Am I Getting Sharp Pains In My Stomach
Liposuction Vs Coolsculpting: Which Is Better
CoolSculpting destroys small pockets of fat by freezing the fat cells. After one treatment session, youll gradually lose about 25% of the fat cells in the treatment area. It takes about a month to start seeing results, with improvements for up to 20 weeks. At that point, many RealSelf members opt for a second treatment to get the results they were after.
Overall, lipo is better for removing large amounts of fat, whereas CoolSculpting can work well for small bulges.
Initial liposuction results may be seen immediately, while CoolSculpting results take months to develop.
While it doesn’t come with the same potential risks as surgery, CoolSculpting still carries risks and side effects.
One other thing to keep in mind if you’re considering a nonsurgical option: Dr. Marosan cautions that patients who undergo nonsurgical fat reduction and then opt for liposuction surgery are more difficult to treat, due to the extensive internal scarring. In my practice, over 50% of my body sculpting patients had previous nonsurgical or surgical fat reduction, with suboptimal or poor results.
Is Liposuction Right For Me
Liposuction might be right for you if you have realistic expectations about the procedure, have tried to change your body shape with a healthy diet and regular exercise, and are in good health at the time of the procedure.
While people especially women often feel pressured to have a certain look and body shape, liposuction might not be the solution.
The best candidates for liposuction are people of normal weight who have firm, elastic skin but pockets of excess fat in certain areas.
You should speak to your doctor before undergoing liposuction since they are best placed to help you manage your overall health.
You should also be aware that:
- liposuction is probably not right for you if you are looking for a way to lose weight
- Medicare does not cover the cost of liposuction, and often private health insurance doesnt either
Don’t Miss: How To Lose Stomach Fat But Not Thighs
Fat Doesnt Move Around
Liposuction is an investment in your body, and like anyinvestment, it needs to be maintained. Stomach liposuction wont prevent youfrom gaining back weight in your stomach, and it certainly wont prevent youfrom gaining weight. If you do gain weight, your stomach will still be slimmerthan it would have been otherwise! Remember, liposuction is not a weight losssolution and should not be used like one.
Stomach liposuction removes fat cells from the abdomen area permanently. Those cells dont come back, they dont move around, and your body doesnt change where it stores fat.
After stomach liposuction, your body has fewer fat cells in the abdomen than it used to . If you gain weight after stomach liposuction, your body stores the same amount of fat in the same places that it usually does. However, since weve removed a lot of fat cells in the stomach, other areas may seem larger than your stomach in comparison. Your abdomen will always be smaller than it would have been without lipo but that doesnt mean you can eat whatever you want and never gain weight. Again, its something you have to maintain liposuction isnt a quick fix and shouldnt be used like one.
Telephone Estimates Arent Precise
Be wary of telephone estimates as they are often very general ballpark figures. To truly receive an accurate liposuction cost, you will need to physically meet with your surgeon so they can examine you. These preliminary examinations need to be conducted so your surgeon can get a complete understanding of your shape and condition. Without this, they cant quote you an accurate price.
You May Like: Why Does My Lower Left Stomach Hurt
Time And Effort Of The Surgeon Are Important
The most important factor in determining liposuction cost is the expected time and effort that is required of the surgeon to accomplish the surgery. The factors that affect this include the number of areas being treated, the size of the patient, and the anticipated degree of difficulty.
For example, the cost of liposuction surgery on the stomach will be less than if the procedure is performed on the stomach and the thighs at the same time. This is because it takes more effort to do liposuction on more than one part of the body. Also, the cost of liposuction on a patient who weighs 200lbs may be less than the cost to perform the procedure on a patient who only weighs 140lbs.
Liposuction requires more effort and expertise if the patient has previously gained and lost a significant amount of weight.
How Is Cool Sculpting Performed
The plastic surgeon will target fat cells and crystallize them using CoolSculpting technology. Over time, the fat cells die and the body naturally eliminates them. Results can be permanent if patients maintain a healthy lifestyle including exercise and eating habits.
Consider CoolSculpting if you:
- Have a few small stubborn areas to deal with
- Cant afford to have a few weeks of downtime
- Dont mind coming in for multiple sessions over a few months
You May Like: How Can I Get Rid Of Stomach Acid