What Laser Hair Removal Involves
You’ll need to shave the area of skin the day before your appointment.
On the day, you’ll wear specially designed goggles to protect your eyes.
The practitioner usually applies a cool gel or cooling air spray to the area of skin.
They then press a handheld device to your skin and trigger the laser. This may feel like an elastic band snapping at your skin.
Each session may take between 15 minutes to over an hour.
The number of sessions needed depends on the area to be lasered and the system used.
Treatment Of Hirsutism In Women
Treatment and management will depend on the underlying cause. In addition to your usual doctor, you may need specialist doctors such as an endocrinologist and a gynaecologist.Treatment options may include:
- medications to block the effects of androgens
- anti-androgen medications to reduce your bodys ability to make androgens
- medications to help block the manufacture of androgens in the ovaries, such as the oral contraceptive pill
- insulin medications, if hyperinsulinaemia is present
- surgical removal of an adrenal or ovarian tumour
- for women who need contraception and help with menstrual cycle control, six months treatment with the oral contraceptive pill can significantly reduce excess hair growth.
Waxing To Remove Stomach Hair
Waxing is a common way to remove unwanted hair on the body. It’s something you can do at home with premade strips or a kit, or you can see a professional. “Waxing removes the hair at the root, so you can be hair-free for up to 28 days,” Carless said. It depends on how fast your hair naturally grows, but you can expect to be smooth for at least a couple of weeks.
To start, make sure your skin is clean and dry â waxing postshower is best â and always read the instructions. “For best results, make sure the hair is between 2mm and 5mm long, so about the size of a grain of rice,” Carless said. “If your hair is longer than that, you’ll want to trim it down first so the wax can really do its thing.”
You should apply the wax in the same direction of the hair growth and remove it in the opposite direction. “Hold the skin taut with your other hand and â take a deep breath â swiftly pull the strip off the skin,” Carless said. “When skin is held firm, there’s less tugging and thankfully less pain and redness.”
Read Also: How Do You Lose Fat Around Your Stomach
Permanent Hair Removal Techniques
Techniques like laser hair removal and electrolysis can also be highly effective at getting rid of stomach hair more permanently. These techniques should only be performed by a trained professional and may take several treatments to completely remove all unwanted hair. However, they have been proven to be highly effective at reducing or even completely stopping the hair from growing back.
Laser hair removal uses a laser directed at the hair follicle to inhibit hair growth. Although there is some controversy as to whether or not it is completely permanent, it certainly does drastically slow down the regrowth of hair.
Electrolysis, meanwhile, uses a fine needle-like electrode inserted directly into the hair follicle to pass a small jolt of an electric current into the follicle. This effectively destroys the hair follicle and prevents the hair from regrowing.
Either of these methods can be used to remove unwanted stomach hair.
Electrolysis To Get Rid Of Butt Crack Hair
When using electrolysis to get rid of butt crack hair, an electric current burns the hair at the root through a needle that is inserted into the hair follicle around your butt. Each hair follicle is individually burned. Electrolysis generally involves several treatments.
Unlike waxing and shaving, electrolysis is an expensive and tedious procedure with permanent results. If you have to use this process, it is important to have it performed by a licensed and qualified professional.
Recommended Reading: Why Does My Stomach Hurt And Burn
How To Lighten Your Stomach Hair Naturally
Commercial bleaching creams have chemical ingredients that may be harmful or a little too harsh causing irritation and sensitivity on some people. Thankfully, there are natural methods you can lighten belly hair without the risk of such effects that also comes with added benefits such as softer skin. If you are looking for how to lighten your stomach hair naturally, try one of the methods below
Using Tweezers To Remove Stomach Hair
The hairs growing on yourstomach area are not as strong as those growing on our hands and legs. So, they can be easily plucked using a tweezers. Also, using the tweezers you can remove some stray hairs which had stayed even after using other hair removal methods. Follow these instructions to do this properly:
This is a good way of getting rid of any stray and difficult hairs that may appear in the area.
- Pros of tweezers: The results will last as long as waxing and is a good choice for those who have just a few unsightly hairs.
- Cons of tweezers: It’s a pretty slow solution and may cause irritation of the skin, especially if you are highly sensitive.
Don’t Miss: How Do You Lose Weight In Your Stomach
Mom Wont Let Me Shave My Legs How Can I Make My Body Hair Less Noticeable Without Shaving
In some cultures, shaving body hair can be taboo. If youd like to minimize the appearance of body hair but arent able to shave, options like bleaching cream can help. Apply the cream on your body hair and rinse it with cool water after about 10 minutes. Bleaching cream removes the dark pigment of the hair. The result lasts for two to four weeks, depending on your hair thickness and its growth rate.
Egg White Mask For Facial Hair Removal
- 1/2 tablespoon of corn flour
Preparation time: 5 minutes.
- Break the egg and separate the egg white in a bowl
- Add sugar and corn flour to egg white mix thoroughly to make a thick paste
- Apply a thick layer of this paste as a mask on where you have unwanted hair
- Wait for few minutes until it becomes dry
- When it completely dry peel off the mask
- Finally apply a calming moisturizer immediately
Repetitions: Once in a week.
Read Also: What To Do For Toddler Stomach Ache
Razor For Facial Hair Removal
It is the most commonly opted solution for removing the hair. It saves your time and is very cost effective. There is no hassle while dealing with razor, neither it requires special maintenance unlike other tools. However, razor can cause bruises and irritations to sensitive skin. It may also lead to skin darkening if not used wisely.
Psychological Aspects Of Hirsutism And Pcos
Dealing with hirsutism and PCOS can be emotionally difficult. You may feel unfeminine, uncomfortable, or self-conscious about your excessive hair growth or weight, as well as worried about your ability to have children. Even though you may be embarrassed to share these feelings with other people, it is very important to talk with your physician as soon as possible to explore the medical and cosmetic treatments available to treat these disorders. It also is important for you to realize that these are very common problems experienced by many women.
You May Like: What Is Lymphoma Of The Stomach
Ways To Get Rid Of Belly Hair
You shave your legs and armpits, wax your bikini line, bleach your upper lip, and even pluck a few stray hairs on your chin. But what about those hairs on your stomach? You knowthe ones that lead from your belly button down to your pubic area .
If that belly fuzz seems to have cropped up out of nowhere, it could signal a hormonal issue you should ask your doc if your hormone levels should be checked. But if you’ve had hair on your abdomen pretty much since puberty, then there’s no medical cause for concern. “It’s so incredibly common, and it’s determined primarily by genetics,” says Chris G. Adigun, MD, a board-certified dermatologist in Chapel Hill, NC.
If you decide that you want your belly hair gone, here are four main ways to make it happen.
You know the basic drill herelather, shave, rinse. But before you reach for your standard cream and razor, think about the skin you’re using it on. “Avoid shaving creams, for tougher skin, and try lathering Cetaphil cleanser with water,” says Arielle Kauvar, MD, a board-certified dermatologist at New York Laser and Skin Care. While you’re shaving, go with the grain to avoid ingrown hairs. You’ll get fewer nicks and cuts if you wait to shave until the end of your shower, when skin is most hydrated.
Will It Go Away
Belly hair that develops during pregnancy usually goes away after you give birth. The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists estimates that extra hair from pregnancy usually fades away within six months of delivery. You might also notice hair loss in other body parts during this time.
If it doesnt go away, or seems to be spreading or getting thicker, follow up with your doctor. They may want to do a blood test to make sure the extra hair isnt due to an underlying condition, such as:
Recommended Reading: What Is Neuropathy Of The Stomach
How A Dermatologist Can Help
If hair removal is causing a skin problem or you suddenly have a lot more unwanted hair, a board-certified dermatologist can explain whats happening and recommend an option thats right for you.
ReferencesAmerican Academy of Dermatology. Hair today, gone tomorrow: Dermatologists debunk common misconceptions about laser hair removal. News release issued November 26, 2018. Last accessed May 29, 2019.
Kunin A. Hair removal: Many painless options. In: Kunin A, The DERMAdoctor Skinstruction Manual. Simon & Schuster, USA, 2005. 332-8.
Lin LY, Chiou SC. Influence of facial threading on various physiological parameters of the skin: non-randomized trial involving adult women in Taiwan. An Bras Dermatol. 2018 93:659-664.
Xia Y, Cho S, et al. Topical eflornithine hydrochloride improves the effectiveness of standard laser hair removal for treating pseudofolliculitis barbae: A randomized, double-blinded, placebo-controlled trial. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2012 67:694-9.
How To Get Rid Of Stomach Hair Forever
Getting rid of stomach hair permanently is possible but can be difficult and costly.
Contrary to popular belief, laser hair removal isnt permanent. Laser therapy can last a long time, but it has to be retouched often and cant guarantee full removal.
The only way to remove stomach hair permanently is with a procedure called electrolysis. Electrolysis uses an electric current to kill the hair root.
The current is distributed through fine needles that are placed directly into the hair follicles. It can only be done by a dermatologist or a certified electrologist.
The Food and Drug Administration considers electrolysis a permanent way to remove hair. All hair colors and skin tones can receive electrolysis.
The biggest downside to this method is the cost. Electrolysis can cost anywhere from $35 to $200 per session, but youll need to go in for follow-up sessions every 2 weeks.
Typically, electrolysis requires more sessions than laser hair removal. Once the hair is gone, no maintenance will be required.
Read Also: How To Ease Stomach Virus Pain
Male Sex Hormones And Hirsutism In Women
The female sex hormone oestrogen makes body hair fine and soft. Androgens are male sex hormones, including testosterone, which are responsible for masculine characteristics such as facial hair and coarse body hair. A womans ovaries and adrenal glands naturally make a small amount of androgens.
In most cases, hirsutism in women is thought to be caused by an abnormally high level of androgens. Other masculine features such as a deepened voice and increased muscle mass may also develop, and menstrual periods may cease . In other cases, womens androgen levels are normal, but their hair follicles are overly sensitive to the effects of male sex hormones.
What Is The Best Age To Start Shaving
Everyone is different when it comes to deciding on when to start shaving and whether to do it at all. If you choose to shave, It may be a good idea to wait until youre 12 to 14 years old to shave your legs. Teens of this age are more likely to have the maturity to shave safely without hurting themselves. Skin cuts can result in bleeding and infection.
Recommended Reading: How To Get Rid Of Excess Gas In Stomach
Baking Soda For Facial Hair Removal
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda
- 200 ml of boiling water
- cotton pad
- Mix baking soda in water soak a cotton pad for few minutes
- Place this cotton pad on where you have unwanted hair and cover with bandage
- Leave it overnight, Next morning remove the bandage and wash off the area with water
- Finally apply a moisturizer over them.
Repetitions: Follow this process once in a week.
Should I Be Concerned About Belly Hair
Body hair shaming is a thing, but people everywhere are openly embracing body hair, including underarm and belly hair. Whether you elect to keep your body hair or remove it, there is no right or wrong solution. To each their own, right? If you’re on team hair removal, you have options.
Since belly hair is relatively easy to remove at home, you can stick to a DIY method. But if you’d prefer to say goodbye for good, you have a few professional options as well. Depending on your skin tone, sensitivity, and hair thickness, however, you may have to be careful of some alternatives to prevent scarring and allergic reactions.
If you have any questions, be sure to talk with a dermatologist before testing any new hair removal treatment on your skin. Now, let’s talk options.
Recommended Reading: How Do You Get The Stomach Flu
Gelatin Mask For Facial Hair Removal
- 1 2 drops of lavender oil
- 2 3 tablespoons of milk
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- Mix all the ingredients well
- Heat the mixture for 10 to 15 seconds using microwave
- let it cool slightly
- Apply the mixture immediately on the affected areas
- Wait for few minutes until it becomes dry
- When it completely dry peel it off
Repetitions: Do this method once a week.
Causes Of Hirsutism In Women
Some of the possible causes of hirsutism in women include:
- polycystic ovary syndrome about nine in 10 women with hirsutism have PCOS
- androgen-secreting tumour an abnormal growth on the ovary or the adrenal gland that produces androgens
- Cushings syndrome the umbrella term for a collection of hormonal disorders characterised by high levels of the hormone cortisol
- adrenal hyperplasia a group of disorders in which adrenal gland hormones are produced in the incorrect amounts
- hyperinsulinaemia the overproduction of the hormone insulin, usually linked with diabetes
- hyperprolactinaemia abnormally high levels of the hormone prolactin, which is normally associated with breastfeeding
- certain medications for example, anabolic steroids cause unwanted hair growth as a side effect
- uncommonly, anorexia nervosa, hypothyroidism and acromegaly.
You May Like: What Causes Constant Stomach Bloating
Oatmeal For Facial Hair Removal
- Mash the banana and mix it with oatmeal to make paste
- Apply this paste on where you have unwanted hair
- Gently massage the area for 15 minutes in circular motion with your fingers
- Rub again the hair growth direction
- Wait for few minutes then wash off with cold water
Repetitions: Do this process 2 to 3 times in a week for best results.
How To Remove Chest Hair Permanently At Home
While waxing is more long-term than shaving, we recommend IPL hair removal for even longer results. IPL, or intense pulsed light, is a hair removal treatment that emits pulses of light and destroys the hair follicle, rendering new hair from growing again. Although IPL does require a number of treatments before you begin seeing results, it could definitely be the solution for you if youre looking for a long-term hair removal solution.
Also Check: How To Decrease Gas In Stomach
Use A Hair Exclusion Cream
The concept is to save your time and energy and furthermore do certain things sensibly good for the skin. You can use the many hair removal creams that are accessible in the market these days for body hair removal.
These skin hair exclusion creams now a days are not as harsh or hurtful as they used to be in the last ten years so it is alright to use them. You only have to make certain that you chose a brand that your skin is not allergic to.
Natural Tips To Remove Unwanted Hair
- If you dont desire to use abrasive chemicals on your skin, then some easy components of your own kitchen can help. Blend a little bit of turmeric and besan , just one tablespoon of both will suffice. You can blend it either with a little milk or water. Request it on your abdominal hair to make softer it out for exclusion. These easy body care tips can solve your body hair exclusion troubles at home.
- Mix gram flour, turmeric powder and water. Make it paste and apply on the body or face. Allow it to dry and rub it gently. It removes excess facial and fine body hair.
- Use Pumice stone regularly while doing bath. It acts as a scrub and removes fine hair on the body. Scrub the legs and hands while taking a bath this get rid of unwanted hair on the body.
- Follow a balanced diet. If you have low body weight and body fat you can see an increase in body hair. Properly maintaining the diet, including milk, veggies and healthy fats will show results.
Recommended Reading: What To Eat When Your Stomach Hurts