Soothe The Stomach With Bananas
Bananas can help heal a stomach ulcer by promoting cellular proliferation in the stomach. In addition to this, there are certain antibacterial compounds in bananas that inhibit the growth of ulcer-causing H. pylori. Bananas also help reduce inflammation and strengthen the stomach lining.
A 1986 study published in the Journal of Ethnopharmacology suggests that banana powder treatment not only strengthens mucosal resistance against ulcerogens but also promotes healing by inducing cellular proliferation.
A 2001 study published in the Indian Journal of Experimental Biology suggests that the antioxidant activity of bananas may be involved in its ulcer-protective activity.
In a 2013 study published in Pharmacognosy Research, researchers suggest that the anti-ulcer effect of banana may be due to its antisecretory and cytoprotective activity. The healing of the ulcer base might be connected to the basic fibroblast growth factors responsible for epithelial regeneration in the case of acid-induced ulcers.
Both ripe and unripe bananas are very effective in treating a stomach ulcer.
- Simply eat at least 3 ripe bananas a day.
- Alternatively, peel 2 or 3 bananas and cut them into thin slices. Put the banana slices in the sun until they dry. Now, grind the dry pieces into a fine powder. Mix together 2 tablespoons of this powder and 1 tablespoon of honey. Take this mixture 3 times a day for 1 week.
How About H Pylori
This dangerous spiralshaped bacterium is a common cause of the infection worldwide. H. pylori infection is usually contracted in childhood it may happen through food, water, or close contact with an infected individual. Most people with H. pylori dont display any symptoms until theyre older. In fact, they may go through life unaware that theyre infected. Half of the worlds population has H pylori. Although H. pylori infection usually doesnt cause problems in childhood, if left untreated it can cause chronic infection, gastritis , peptic ulcer disease in 10% of cases, and even stomach cancer in 1%. It may be certain strains of these bacteria are more dangerous than others.1
H. pylori lives and multiplies within the mucous layer that covers and protects tissues that line the stomach and small intestine. Often, H. pylori causes no problems, but sometimes it can disrupt the mucous layer and inflame the lining of your stomach or duodenum, producing an ulcer. To cure H. pylori infection, physicians generally prescribe antibiotics and other drugs that block acid production and increase the bioavailability of antibodies in the gastric mucosa. Proton pump inhibitors also help to stabilize some antibiotics. However, concerns are rising with such conventional therapies in the light of emerging evidence that frequent use of antibiotics for H. pylori infections increases its resistance to antibiotics and damage to the kidneys.
Stomach Ulcer Diagnosis And Conventional Treatment
If you suspect you have a stomach ulcer, see your doctor to first rule out other causes of your pain. In order to diagnose a stomach ulcer, your doctor may perform an endoscopy, which allows the doctor to view the inside lining of the esophagus, stomach and small intestine. Once a diagnosis is verified, treatment options can begin.
Your doctor will likely take your medical history and perform a physical exam along with a blood test, plus ask you about your past use of medications and possibly do an X-ray to locate a stomach ulcer. Testing the blood for H. pylori, plus doing a urea breath test and/or stool test to look for the presence of H. pylori antigens, are common ways to diagnose an ulcer.
The goal of stomach ulcer treatments is to help reduce pain and inflammation in the digestive tract, boost the immune system to fight H. pylori bacteria, prevent complications, and lower the chance for future ulcers from forming or returning.
Today, conventional treatment options for stomach ulcers include:
Read Also: How To Burn Upper Stomach Fat
Home Remedies For Peptic Ulcers
A condition like peptic ulcers can be prevented by bringing a few changes in lifestyle and eating habits. People should avoid drinking 2 or more alcoholic beverages in a day. You must also avoid mixing medication with alcohol and wash your hands frequently to avoid infections. Frequent intake of aspirins and pain killers must be avoided in order to prevent peptic ulcers. Use of cigarettes and tobacco use must be entirely avoided in order to prevent peptic ulcers. Eat a balanced and healthy diet which is rich in fruits, vegetables and whole grains in order to prevent peptic ulcers.
Furthermore, intake of caffeinated drinks and beverages, carbonated beverages, chilli and hot peppers, high-salt diet, deep fried foods and acidic foods like citrus and tomatoes must be consumed in minimal quantities in order to prevent peptic ulcers.
Extract of cranberries can help in fighting H. pylori bacteria. Drinking cranberry juice or eating cranberries can help in keeping peptic ulcers at bay.
With its powerful antioxidant properties, honey can help in inhibiting growth of H. pylori bacteria. It can help in soothing ulcers and preventing peptic ulcers.
Probiotics can help in maintaining balance of bacteria in the gut. Fermented foods like buttermilk, yogurt, kimchi and kefir are good instances of probiotic foods.
4. Foods rich in flavonoids
Drink Fresh Cabbage Juice
Cabbage is a great remedy for the treatment of ulcers in the stomach.
Being a lactic acid food, cabbage helps in producing an amino acid that stimulates blood flow to the stomach lining. This aids in the healing process.
Plus, cabbage is a good source of vitamin C, which is beneficial for fighting an H. pylori infection.
A 1949 study published in the Western Journal of Medicine found that rapid healing of peptic ulcers was observed radiologically and gastroscopically in 13 patients treated with fresh cabbage juice. This indicates that its anti-peptic ulcer dietary factor may play an important role in the genesis of peptic ulcers.
A 2014 study published in Medicinal Chemistry Research reports that aqueous cabbage plant extract increased the pH value of gastric juice and as such could be used for healing an acute gastric ulcer.
Also Check: How Do You Relieve Stomach Pain
The Pros And Cons Of Pain Relief Drugs
Here’s a rundown of the benefits and risks of some popular pain medications. It should help simplify your choices when you’re in the drugstore.
Keep in mind that you shouldn’t use any over-the-counter painkiller on a regular basis. If you’re in that much pain, you need to talk with your doctor.
- How it works. Acetaminophen is not an NSAID. Experts aren’t actually sure how it works, but it seems to affect chemicals that increase the feeling of pain.
- Benefits. Acetaminophen reduces pain and lowers fevers. Unlike aspirin and other NSAIDS, acetaminophen is believed to be safe for people with ulcers. It doesn’t affect the natural lining of the stomach. Since it doesn’t thin the blood, it doesn’t increase the risk of bleeding either. It is safe for women who are pregnant and nursing.
- Side effects and risks. Experts say that acetaminophen is safe for people with ulcers. But like any drug, it can cause other side effects. Very high doses of acetaminophen — well over the recommended maximum of 4,000 mg/day — can cause serious liver damage. Long-term use of acetaminophen in high doses — especially when combined with caffeine or codeine can cause kidney disease.
ASPIRINBayer, Bufferin, Ecotrin
Home Remedies For Peptic Ulcer Licorice
According to several studies, licorice is very effective for preventing and treating peptic ulcers. Plus, it also helps speed up the healing process and ease the pain from ulcers. For instant results, you can use it as follows.
- Mix licorice root powder in a cup of water. Cover it and then leave it sit overnight. Add cooked broken white rice into this infusion and enjoy it. It is recommended to repeat per day for one week to obtain positive results.
- Another option is to consume licorice teaat least twice a day for 1 week.
Recommended Reading: How To Ease Stomach Virus Pain
Top 10 Home Remedies For Stomach Ulcers
Caffeinated drinks, alcohol, and smoking increase stomach acid levels. The result is increased gastric irritation that can lead to ulcers or other gastrointestinal problems. Drinking plenty of water will help dilute the stomach acids in your system as a bonus it helps with many other health issues too.
If none of these measures seem to do the trick talk with your doctor about whether more invasive treatment optionsDrink lots of water and avoid caffeinated drinks
Coffee and tea may irritate the stomach lining. Drink lots of water to help keep your body hydrated, as it can ease acid reflux. Avoid caffeinated drinks such as coffee or energy drinks which are high in caffeine content thats been shown to aggravate an ulcer- especially if youre having trouble sleeping!
Will Surgery Cure A Peptic Ulcer
Medical therapy works in most people with peptic ulcers. Sometimes, medical therapy does not work, or a person can’t take the therapy for some reason. Surgery is an alternative to medical therapy for these people.
Surgical operations often used in peptic ulcers include the following:
- Vagotomy: Cutting the vagus nerve, which transmits messages from the brain to the stomach, can reduce acid secretion. However, this can also interfere with other functions of the stomach. A newer operation cuts only the part of the nerve that affects acid secretion.
- Antrectomy: This is often done in conjunction with a vagotomy. It involves removing the lower part of the stomach . This part of the stomach produces a hormone that increases production of stomach acid. Adjacent parts of the stomach may also be removed.
- Pyloroplasty: This procedure also is sometimes done with vagotomy. It enlarges the opening between the stomach and duodenum to encourage passage of partially digested food. Once the food has passed, acid production normally stops.
- Tying off an artery: If bleeding is a problem, cutting off the blood supply to the ulcer can stop the bleeding.
You May Like: What To Do When Your Head And Stomach Hurts
Baking Soda Combined With Apple Cider Vinegar
The amalgamation of sodium bicarbonate and fermented apple solution may rather sound eccentric for a few. However, these proponents individually bear several health benefits that could help you cure and control your stomach ulcer.
Why Does it Work?
Baking soda, chemically referred to as sodium bicarbonate is a white alkaline powder that has proven its potential in curing several health conditions including stomach ulcers. In ulcers, it is commonly noticed that the stomach is completely filled with stomach acids and the inner lining of the wall is corroded due to acid.
When baking soda comes in contact with the acid, it neutralizes the acid, and as a by-product of this reaction, water is released. This is the first step, as the acid gets converted, the bacteria are then exposed, and apple cider vinegar that is a proven antimicrobial agent acts on the h pylori bacteria, and thereby prevents and cures stomach ulcers. Although there havent been any studies that have concluded on these claims, however, there are several anecdotes that claim the efficacy of this solution.
How Much to Use?
It is ideally recommended that you drink this once a day for at least a week. It is recommended that you check the improvements in health later.
How to Use?
- Honey to taste
Home Remedies For Peptic Ulcer Honey
Raw honey is very helpful in treating peptic ulcers. Plus, honey reduces and soothes the inflammation of the stomach lining. For best results, you can take raw honey daily in the morning on your empty stomach. It will help treat and prevent stomach ulcers, cleanse the bowel and boost the stomach lining. There are a lot of other natural home remedies for peptic ulcer presented in this article, so keep reading it to learn more!
Recommended Reading: Does Lung Cancer Cause Stomach Pain
Herb: Leaves Of Black Night Shade Plant
- Get a bunch of fresh black night shade leaves.
- Extract the juice and mix with equal quantity of water.
- Drink this juice on an empty stomach daily.
- Continue the process for a week.
Black night shade , known as Mokoi in Hindi and manathakali keerai in Tamil is a medicinal herb that has great curative effects. It has a soothing effect on the stomach and gives instant relief from the burning sensation caused by stomach ulcers.
Black night shade greens do not have any side effects and can be used as part of your cooking. Consuming them raw is more effective as it loses part of its potency when cooked.
Start A Diet Rich In Fiber
Eat fiber-rich foods such as whole grains, vegetables, fruits, and beans. Fiber can help reduce stomach acid levels. Fiber is also important for healthy elimination, creating a balance in the gut, and keeping your digestive system running smoothly!
Eating foods rich in fiber may also be helpful for maintaining a healthy digestive tract and reducing stress on your stomach lining from food sitting there longer than necessary.
You May Like: How To Slim Down Stomach In 1 Week
Signs And Symptoms Of Stomach Ulcers
- Vomiting blood which is dark red or black
- Unexplained weight loss
- Appetite changes.
If symptoms persist, see your doctor because you may require prescription antibiotics or other medication. Over-the-counter options can provide temporary relief, but there are also natural remedies for ulcers to consider.
What Causes Peptic Ulcers
Ulcers form when digestive juices damage the walls of the stomach or small intestine. If the mucus layer gets too thin or your stomach makes too much acid, your gut will feel it. The two major causes are:
- Bacteria. Itâs called Helicobacter pylori , and as many as half of us carry it. Most people infected with H. pylori do not get ulcers. But in others, it can raise the amount of acid, break down the protective mucus layer, and irritate the digestive tract. Experts arenât sure how H. pylori infection spreads. They think it may pass from person to person through close contact, like kissing. You may also get it from unclean food and water.
- Certain pain relievers. If youâve been taking aspirin often and for a long time, youâre more likely to get a peptic ulcer. The same is true for other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs . They include ibuprofen and naproxen. NSAIDs block your body from making a chemical that helps protect the inner walls of your stomach and small intestine from stomach acid. Other types of pain meds, such as acetaminophen, wonât lead to peptic ulcers.
- Smoking cigarettes and drinking alcohol also can make you more likely to get ulcers. Stress and eating a lot of spicy food donât cause ulcers, as experts once thought. But they can make ulcers worse and harder to treat.
Recommended Reading: Does Holding Your Stomach In Help Lose Belly Fat
Most Effective Natural Home Remedies For A Stomach Ulcer Painrelief
Gastric ulcer is treated with antibiotics and drugs to reduce and block stomach acid. In addition to this proven treatment plan, many studies have shown that there are also a number of helpful natural home remedies for a stomach ulcer pain relief. So, patients with stomach ulcers can completely choose to use these home remedies for a stomach ulcer because they are very simple but effective, and anyone can apply them without too much cost. Lets check out on TrueRemedies.com!
Honey is far from a sweet addition to your drinks. While refined sugars and most sweeteners should be avoided for ulcer healing, raw honey is an exception and has unique benefits. Honey contains an enzyme called glucose oxidase. This enzyme is known to produce hydrogen peroxide, which can help fight the bacteria responsible for causing peptic ulcers.
Depending on where it comes from, honey can contain up to 200 elements, including Polyphenols and other antioxidants. Honey is a strong antimicrobial agent and has been shown to inhibit the growth of H. Pylori bacteria . As long as you have normal blood sugar level, you can enjoy honey as a sweetener to soothe your sores at home.
How to do:
- Add a tablespoon of honey into a glass of warm water
- Mix it well and add a pinch of cinnamon into
- Drink the mixture once per day in the morning
Note: You should take this liquid right after getting up and before having breakfast.
How to do:
3. Apple Cider Vinegar
How to do
How to do:
Peptic Ulcers Are Sores That Develop In The Lining Of The Stomach In This Article We Have Recommended Some Natural Remedies For People Suffering From Peptic Ulcer
Repeated burning pain in stomach is an indication that the person is suffering from peptic ulcers. Peptic ulcer is a health condition when open sores develop on the inside lining of the stomach and the upper portion of the small intestine. It is an infection, which is mainly caused by the Helicobacter pylori bacteria. H pylori are spiral-shaped bacteria that damage the mucus coating, which is present in the body to protect the lining of the stomach and duodenum.
Also Check: What Will Help With Stomach Pain
Other Options For Pain Relief
Painkillers aren’t the only answer for many of life’s aches and pains. Many effective and safe alternatives don’t have any side effects at all.
- Ice packs, for acute injuries such as a sprained ankle, can keep down swelling and ease pain.
- Heat with a hot towel or heating pad can be helpful for treating chronic overuse injuries.
- Physical activity can help reduce some kinds of discomfort, such as arthritis pain.
- Relaxation with techniques such as yoga or meditation — may reduce pain. Biofeedback may help as well. These approaches are best for pain that’s amplified by stress, such as tension headaches.
- Nontraditional techniques with low risks — such as acupuncture — benefit some people.
So remember: Pain relief doesn’t only come from a pill bottle.