Signs That You Need A Gastrointestinal Cleanse
Human nature is such that we love to eat. Many of us eat without thinking about the consequences. And even when a disease has developed, most people cannot associate their health problems with what they have been eating or the way they have been eating.
One of the first signs that there are intestinal issues is when bowel movements become irregular and difficult. There are many other symptoms and conditions when the gastrointestines are intoxicated.
If you have any symptoms and conditions as listed on this page, a gastrointestinal cleanse will be beneficial for you.
The gastrointestinal, or digestive system cleanse that Im going to show you on this page below, when done diligently, will yield fantastic results, giving your body a new lease of vitality.
Youre Less Likely To Be Constipated
If youve been suffering from constipation, a gut cleanse can help with that. When you initially begin your cleanse, youre going to have a few bowel movements, and that will help to clean out old bacteria and build up in your digestive system.
However, a gut cleanse can get you on the right track to preventing constipation overall because your digestive system has been shocked into action. The relief of constipation can eliminate some of its symptoms like blockage in your rectum, hard or lumpy stools, or strain when you have a bowel movement.
How Could You Benefit
You can benefit from chewing in a number of ways firstly, as a result of slowly and more efficiently youll feel fuller more quickly , youll make better use of the nutrients contained in your food . Plus, you may just feel less bloated.
In a recent A.Vogel survey bloating was the most commonly reported digestive symptom that our customers wanted to manage. If your food is being properly broken down as early as your mouth, the bacteria that line the length of your digestive tract will have less substances to ferment, and wont be so likely to create lots of excess gas.
You May Like: What Can You Do To Lose Weight In Your Stomach
Ways To Cleanse Your Body In 1 Day
While there is no such thing as a one-day miracle fix for overindulging, it can help to hit the reset button every once in a while giving you a little push towards feeling better stat and making healthier long-term decisions.
Here are five tips to help you cleanse, de-bloat and set your diet and health back on the right track in just one day:
What Are The Health Benefits Of A Clear Liquid Diet
The health benefits are primarily from giving your digestive system a chance to rest and heal from severe symptoms. If you have inflammation from pancreatitis, gastritis or inflammatory bowel disease, the clear liquid diet can give it a chance to calm down. If you have diverticulitis, an infection in your colon, the inflammation is aggravated by poop in the colon. A clear liquid diet for a few days can help clear that out.
If you have severe diarrhea or vomiting, the clear liquids can restore your depleted water, energy and electrolytes without triggering further diarrhea or vomiting. However, the clear liquid diet is not nutritionally adequate for more than a few days. In most cases, your healthcare provider will want you to progress as soon as possible to a full liquid diet or soft diet to prevent malnutrition.
Read Also: How Do I Flatten My Upper Stomach
Exercise To Clean Stomach
You can also do certain exercises and yoga asanas to clean your stomach, including:
- Sit-ups: They trigger bowel movements and help with digestive issues, including constipation, bloating, and irritable bowel syndrome. Perform sit-ups repeatedly for at least 20-30 times.
- Uttanpadasana or Leg Raises: This exercise enhances the abdominal muscles strength. Performing 20-30 repetitions of leg raises every day is effective in tackling indigestion and stomach bloating.
- Apanasana: This helps in getting relief from gas pains and bloating. You may repeat this yoga posture 8-10 times daily.
- Spine Twist: This exercise is effective for stimulating digestion.
When Should You See A Doctor
Colon cleansing should only be done occasionally when your digestive system is not feeling or acting right. Overuse can quickly lead to chronic constipation or even bowel injury. A healthy body should not need cleansing. Generally, I would argue that when our bodies are in good health, they are equipped to cleanse themselves, notes Dr. Eric Johnson, a colorectal surgeon from the Cleveland Clinic.
If you feel your gut needs cleansing, try the gentle remedies mentioned here. If these fail to bring you relief or if you have unusual results, contact a doctor for further advice and possible treatment. You may need a more professional approach, such as colonic irrigation.
Overdoing colon cleansing can be harmful. Watch for these side effects of intense cleanses:
Recommended Reading: What Can Cause Stomach Problems
Foods To Improve Your Digestion
Digestive problems, such as gas, constipation and diarrhea, affect millions, with 15 percent of people in Western countries experiencing a severe form of gut sensitivity called irritable bowel syndrome .
Here are five foods that promote healthier digestion and help you avoid common gastrointestinal symptoms.
Recommended Reading: What Causes Stomach To Swell After Eating
Lemon Water And Honey
Drinking lemon honey water is a common home remedy that offers many benefits. A lot of people drink a glass of this drink daily in the morning, right after waking up. Lemon is a rich source of vitamin C that can enhance your metabolism and act as a detoxifier. It contains antioxidant properties which protect the body from free radicals. Along with lemon, honey is also a beneficial ingredient that keeps you protected from harmful free radicals. Squeeze half lemon in a glass of lukewarm water. Then, add a little bit of honey and a pinch of salt. Your lemon detox is best to drink in the morning. Having detox drinks is one of the best ways to keep your stomach clean and happy. Lemon honey water can also become an aid for weight loss. You can add a little bit of ginger to this beverage in order to enhance flavour and benefits
Also Check: How To Get Tested For Stomach Cancer
Drink Plenty Of Water
Water flushes out toxins from your stomach. It maintains digestive health by keeping you hydrated. Drinking lukewarm water first thing in the morning helps in getting a clean and clear colon.
A person should drink at least 8 glasses of water every day to remain hydrated and balance the digestive system. You can also eat various foods with high water content, such as cucumber, watermelon, tomatoes, etc.
Ways To Safely Clean Your Stomach And Intestines
1. Stay hydratedThere is nothing better than water for your body. Drinking less water slows down our digestive system creating problems for our stomach. We must drink plenty of water each day to keep our system healthy. When your urine is clear and odorless, its a sign youre getting enough water. Drinking adequate amount of water is the first step to clean your stomach. Make sure to drink 8-10 glasses of water every day. Thats a minimum of 64 ounces.
2. Eat more vegetables, fruits and whole grain productsVegetables, fruits and whole grain products are rich in fiber. Fiber is important to your body. Fruits like strawberries, mangoes,and avocados, and dried fruits like raisins and prunes provide the required fiber, and help keep the stomach clean and healthy.
3. Dont lie down for 2 hours after you eatOften many of us lie down or rest after having our dinner. This slows the digestive process which can create problems in your stomach. This bad habit also increases the risk of acid reflux.
4. Eat on scheduleSome doctors say that having your meals on a regular schedule can help keep your stomach healthy and in shape. Practice having your breakfast, lunch and dinner at the same time each day.
5. Regular Yoga/ExerciseRegular exercise and yoga keep the food inside your stomach moving, thereby reducing constipation. It will also help you to maintain your figure and weight. Add it to your schedule and stay healthy for life.
8 Ways to Keep Your Stomach Clean
You May Like: Where Does Your Stomach Hurt During Early Pregnancy
Purported Benefits Of Colon Cleansing
Colon-cleansing enthusiasts believe that periodically cleaning from the inside out removes excess waste stuck to the colon walls. This waste buildup also supposedly produces toxins that enter the blood and may slowly poison people. Wellness companies claim that colon cleansing can help relieve a variety of symptoms such as fatigue, bloating, irritated skin and weight gain and alleviate a range of health problems, from depression and allergies to arthritis and cancer.
Cleansing proponents promote two, or perhaps three, ways to clean the colon. One method involves taking bowel-clearing laxatives, powders or supplements using enemas or drinking herbal teas to purportedly release colon waste and discharge toxins. But using this method might feel more like frequently running to the bathroom with diarrhea.
A second method is called colonic irrigation or colon hydrotherapysometimes just referred to as colonicsin which a practitioner flushes out the colon by sending gallons of water into the body through a tube inserted into a persons rectum. This procedure can cost from $55 to $95 per session, according to The Colon Therapists Network.
A third method is dietary colon cleanses, such as juice cleanses and high-fiber diets.
But does colon cleansing flush out toxins, as its supporters suggest, or does it flush money down the toilet?
What’s The Difference Between A Clear Liquid Diet And A Full Liquid Diet
A full liquid diet includes all liquids and foods that become liquid at body temperature. Shakes, milk, frozen yogurt and creamy soups are allowed, as long as they dont have any chunks or food particles in them. A full liquid diet is prescribed for similar reasons as the clear liquid diet to rest the digestive system after illness or surgery and reintroduce it slowly to normal eating but its a less severe diet for less severe cases. Some people need to start on the clear liquid diet first before progressing to the full liquid diet. Those who are preparing for an imaging test will need to stick to clear liquids to keep their digestive tract clear.
A note from Cleveland Clinic
A clear liquid diet is a brief but important intervention. Its a safety measure that keeps you hydrated before and/or after surgery. It can help your gastrointestinal system heal and help healthcare providers get a better look inside at whats troubling you. It might seem difficult, but most people manage it well for a day or two. While on the clear liquid diet, follow your healthcare providers guidance carefully. Your digestive system will thank you, and may even reward you with rapid relief.
Read Also: What To Eat With Upset Stomach And Nausea
Start With An Intermittent Fast
Just like you, your gut needs a period of rest and rejuvenation to function optimally. Giving it a break can reduce inflammation, shed water weight, and reduce bloating. Studies are coming out all the time supporting the benefits of intermittent fasting, which gives the body a break for a set number of hours each day so that your gut can repair, reset, and rest. The night before you start your cleanse, plan to fast for 12 to 16 hours. This is easier than it soundsa 12-hour fast simply means stop eating at 7 in the evening and don’t eat again until breakfast the next day until 7 a.m.
Eat The Colon Cleanse Diet
Duration: 1-5 days.
Eat foods that cleanse the bowels and intestines
- High fiber foods.Raw non-starchy vegetables such as cabbage, beets and carrots are rich in insoluble fiber. This fiber doesnt dissolve in water, and can pass through the gut largely intact. Insoluble fiber adds bulk to the stool which can promote regular healthy bowel movement. Think about insoluble fiber as rough brooms inside your bowels that grab waste and toxins on their way out.
- Healthy Oils. Cold pressed oils such as olive oil have natural bowel cleansing properties. They can help to lubricate the bowels, add moisture to the stool, and increase the production of certain digestive enzymes which can improve digestion.
- Good Fats. Fresh raw nuts and seeds such as pumpkin seeds, sunflowers seeds, chia and fatty fruits like avocado provide you both the fiber and natural oils.
- Stay Hydrate. Make sure to drink enough water. Dehydration is one of the common causes of constipation. As a rule of thumb, drink half your body weight in ounces of water. A good indication that you drink enough, is having a strong urine flow, with clear urine color.
Examples of our most popular recipes with bowel cleansing foods:
Also Check: What Is Good For Stomach Cancer
Add More High Fiber Foods
Adding additional high fiber foods to the diet can provide beneficial gut flora with more to eat. Examples of high fiber foods include:
- raw vegetables and salads
- ground flaxseeds
- beans and lentils
A sudden increase in fiber intake may cause temporary bloating or gas. If this occurs, it is best to follow the diet from day one instead.
What Comes Out During A Colon Cleanse
The answer to the question of what comes out during a colon cleanse is simple. Toxins and waste leave your body. Based on the results of a study, cleaning the colon prior to colonoscopy removed approximately 1.2 kg of waste. However, its important to remember that this mainly includes feces and water.
Restoring Your Gut To Greatness
One of humankinds greatest assets and greatest liabilities is our ability to adapt. We can find a way to get through in almost any circumstance.
The problem with this is that we sometimes accept things we dont have to accept. If youve been dealing with frequent digestive discomfort for years or decades, you may forget that it isnt normal.
Today is the day to take charge of your health and improve your life. If you have several or more of the symptoms above, start by using our tips to clean your gut and get your body back on track.
The Best Way To Clean Out Your Colon At Home
Colon cleansing is claimed to improve health and digestion by flushing toxins and fecal matter out of the intestines. However, there is a lack of good quality evidence that supports the benefits of this practice and certain cleansing methods may be harmful24.
While a clean colon is necessary before a colonoscopy, in general the safest and most natural home remedy to promote colon health is to eat a diet rich in fruits, vegetables and other high-fiber foods, and to drink plenty of fluids.
Also Check: What Can I Take To Soothe My Stomach
When And How Long To Take
I recommend taking this drink for at least 28 days to see real results. For more serious health issues, you can safely take it for up to 3 months. For some of my clients, I even recommend to continue having the drink at least 1x a day beyond the three months for maintenance of healthy fiber. There is no harm to it.
Drink it at least 10-15 minutes before meal.
- Day 1: Drink 1x a day
- Day 2: Drink 2x a day
- Day 3 onwards: Drink 3x a day
- If you are having good bowel movements as a result from taking this drink , you may increase to take the drink up to 4x a day. This is especially beneficial if youre big in body size, otherwise stay at 3x a day.
When doing any detox program, it is very IMPORTANT to drink plenty of water. Please go to this page and understand how much water you need to drink daily according to your body weight. During your gastrointestinal cleanse days, drink at least 1½ times of your basic daily water requirement.
For Product Formulators: Next Steps
If youre a product formulator or manufacturer, perhaps youre on the search for a quality gut health ingredient. AstraGin® is NuLiv Sciences flagship ingredient thats featured in 100s of brands worldwide as a gut health and nutrient absorption enhancing ingredient. If youd like to learn more about how formulating with AstraGin® can take your product to the next level fill out the form below and we will be happy to provide you with more information.
You May Like: How To Lose Just Stomach Fat
Why Is It Necessary
You might be having a doubt that why is this process of stomach cleaning that important. The doubt is quite common and it is quite natural as well. Here is the answer to your question.
Our digestive system has a small part called colon which extracts, salt, water, nutrients, and vitamins from the food we consume. It even processes the undigested food and solid waste. It is a very important part of the digestive system which starts absorbing the waste material instead of eliminating them if colon function is altered. This results in various health problems like headaches, gas problems, bloating, constipation, fatigue, weight gain, and chronic illnesses. To stay away from all these problems you need to do the colon cleansing at least once in a while.
S Colon Cleaning Formula
Now that you know the symptoms that your colon uses to cry out to be cleaned, here is the 4 step formula for cleaning your colon fast.
used by Master Herbalist, Dr. Donna Schwontkowski, to help her patients improve digestive health, increase energy, lose weight and live a healthier life. Get yours FREE for a limited time.
Inside this detailed guide youll:
- Discover the most effective 4-step plan for cleansing your colon as fast as possible
- Learn the optimal treatment time to restore normal gut flora and keep parasites at bay.
- Understand when to seek medical assistance with your colon problems
- Learn how to change your diet to help your colon function properly
& start living the healthy life you deserve!
You May Like: Does Holding Your Stomach In Help You Lose Weight