Gasofilm: Treat Abdominal Pain And Bloating
- Brand name Gasofilm
- Composition Simethicone
- Popularity 8
- Simethicone is an oral anti-foaming agent. It works by preventing and breaking up gas bubbles, which makes gas easier to eliminate.
- Dosage It is administered orally by mixing the powder in a glass of water, to be taken 3-4 times a day.
- Price Gasofilm is supplied as sachet containing 62.5 gm of the content for 12.
Best Medicine To Prevent Gas And Bloating: Beano Tablets
Do you ever wonder how to prevent bloating from happening? Even if you aren’t experiencing bloating at the moment, it is always good to have a medicine around that prevents bloating. By taking it before you actually become bloated, you will never have to deal with painful bloating. Beano tablets are a good option if you are wanting a medicine that will prevent bloating. These tablets are meant to be taken before you eat to prevent gas from occurring in the first place, rather than having to treat it afterward.
You simply take a couple of these tablets before you sit down to eat . This medicine works by helping your stomach digest food better, and therefore prevent gas from occurring. You can buy this medicine by clicking below.
Carbo Veg: Homeopathic Medicine For Bloated Abdomen In Upper Part
Carbo Veg is the best natural Homeopathic remedy for bloatedness in upper abdominal region. There is tightness and fullness in upper abdomen. This is accompanied by belchings that are sour, and bitter with burning. The passing of wind in belching seems to provide some relief to the patient. The wind in abdomen, however, may lead to difficulty in breathing. The bloatedness mostly appears after eating even simple food.
Don’t Miss: How To Lose Your Stomach In Two Weeks
Make Changes To Your Diet
Making small changes to how and what you eat may help reduce bloating. For example, eating smaller meals at regular intervals can help stop that bloated feeling after a big meal, and it will help prevent
Try these top dietary tips too.
Which foods cause bloating?
Some foods are more likely to cause a build-up in gas in your tummy, including:
- broccoli, cauliflower and cabbage
- soluble fibre foods like beans, fruit and peas
- starchy food like potatoes and noodles
But make sure you still get
If youve got indigestion and bloating, avoid these:
- spicy foods
- milk (because it contains
Common food triggers for people with
Try these foods and drinks to relieve and stop bloating
Some foods and drinks may help to bring down your bloated belly and stop it bloating again. Try these drinks:
- peppermint tea or peppermint oil these help reduce symptoms of IBS, including bloating, by helping your bowel wall relax. Theyre not safe for everyone for example, if you have serious constipation or liver disease, you shouldnt drink them so first talk to your pharmacist or doctor about whether you can take them safely
- replace fizzy drinks with water fizzy drinks contain gas that can build up in your tummy, and the artificial sweeteners and sugar in them may also cause bloating
High-fibre foods include:
Read more about
Abdominal Bloating And Pain Treatments
Treatments for abdominal bloating and pain will address the underlying condition.
Examples may include antibiotics for infections. If an intestinal obstruction is the cause, your doctor may encourage bowel rest by decreasing oral intake.
If theres a deficiency moving contents within the GI tract, your doctor may prescribe medications to encourage intestinal movement. Surgery may be necessary in severe instances.
You May Like: How Can I Rebuild My Stomach Lining
Remedies And Treatments For Bloating
Once a cause of bloating is established, the symptom can be treated. Depending on your doctorâs findings, he or she may suggest one of the following remedies for bloating:
Eating too quickly causes you to swallow more air, which can lead to gas and bloating. Eating slowly can help reduce bloating. Additionally, slowing your eating can make you feel full, faster, helping you avoid overeating, which can lead to bloating.
Changing Your Diet
If you notice a trend in certain foods causing you to bloat, try reducing or eliminating those foods from your diet. Foods that commonly cause bloating are wheat, beans, lentils, garlic, onions, and asparagus. Milk and dairy foods can also cause bloating, as some people have a hard time digesting a sugar they contain called lactose.
Researchers have found that certain antidepressants can affect the way your body reacts to gas, keeping it from overreacting to its presence.
Eating too much fiber is one of the most common reasons for bloating. Fiber is an essential part of a healthy diet, but it can cause a lot of gas in your digestive system because your body cannot digest it. The key with fiber is to eat it in moderation. Foods high in fiber include beans, lentils, broccoli, whole wheat, apples, berries, and quinoa.
Behaviors Food Choices And Activity
Eating behaviors and other habits such as gum chewing, gulping foods and drinking with eating can cause us to swallow air. Bulky foods such as lettuce, cabbage, and dense breads not chewed into small enough pieces increase swallowed air.
Typically, swallowed air contains oxygen, nitrogen and carbon dioxide. It tends to not have a foul smell, but it does contribute to the discomfort associated with gas.
People vary widely in how sensitive they are to gas production. Keeping a food record to document incidences of gas in relation to foods eaten can shed light on whether food or behavior may be aggravating the situation.
Recommended Reading: Why Has My Stomach Been Hurting
What Is A Bloated Stomach
A bloated stomach is first and foremost a feeling of tightness, pressure or fullness in your belly. It may or may not be accompanied by a visibly distended abdomen. The feeling can range from mildly uncomfortable to intensely painful. It usually goes away after a while, but for some people, its a recurring problem. Digestive issues and hormone fluctuations can cause cyclical bloating. If your bloated stomach doesnt go away, you should seek medical care to determine the cause.
What Causes Intestinal Gas
Causes of intestinal gas include:
- Food digestion: Your small intestines lack certain enzymes needed to digest and absorb carbohydrates in sweet, starchy and fibrous foods. This undigested food passes into the large intestine, where harmless bacteria break down the food, forming hydrogen and carbon dioxide gases. In some people, intestinal bacteria produce methane gas, too. This process is responsible for most gas passed in flatulence.
- Swallowing air: You swallow air without even noticing while eating, drinking, chewing gum or smoking. You can also swallow too much air if you have loose-fitting dentures. Most people expel swallowed air through the mouth by belching . But your intestines partially absorb some air, which you pass when you fart.
You May Like: What Food Causes Gas In Stomach
How Is Intestinal Gas Diagnosed
Your healthcare provider may ask you to keep a food diary for a week or more to see if certain foods or drinks make you gassy. Because excessive gas can be a sign of a health problem, you may need one or more of these tests:
- Blood tests: These tests detect certain conditions like celiac disease that cause gas.
- Breath test: A hydrogen breath test identifies lactose intolerance or abnormal bacterial growth in the intestine.
- Colon screening: A flexible sigmoidoscopy lets your provider view the lower part of your colon and rectum . With a colonoscopy, the provider views all of the large intestine. These tests help identify digestive disorders like Crohns disease as well as colon cancer.
- Food elimination: Your healthcare provider may suggest removing certain foods to see if gas symptoms improve. For example, if youre less gassy after cutting out dairy, you might be lactose intolerant unable to break down lactose, a sugar in milk.
- Gastrointestinal tract exam: If you belch a lot, your provider may perform a gastrointestinal exam called an upper GI test or barium swallow. You swallow a solution that coats the esophagus, stomach and part of the small intestine with barium for easier viewing on X-rays.
Natural Homeopathic Medicines For Bloated Abdomen After Eating
Natural Homeopathic medicines Kali Carb and Lycopodium are of great help in the treatment of bloatedness soon after eating. The person needing Kali Carb feels that the whole food just taken in has turned into gas. The abdomen gets tight and distended due to wind. This is accompanied mostly by sour belching. Nausea and vomiting may appear in a few. Lycopodium is the Homeopathic remedy when eating of even a very small quantity of food, even of the simplest kind, leads to fullness and distended abdomen. In a few people, eating of gas-forming food is the cause behind bloatedness. Fermentation and gurgling is felt in abdomen after eating along with bloatedness.
Don’t Miss: Why Do I Only Gain Weight In My Stomach
Best Medication For Bloating: Types And More
A person may experience bloating due to various causes. These include:
Simethicone, a silicone compound, is an OTC medication with Food and Drug Administration approval. This drug helps relieve bloating, which results from excess gas in the gastrointestinal tract.
Some examples of Simethicone brand names include:
- Alka-seltzer anti-gas
- Adults: 40125 milligrams 4 times daily and a maximum daily dose of 500 mg.
- Children 212 years: 40 mg 4 times daily and a maximum daily dose of 480 mg.
- Children under 2 years: 20 mg 4 times daily and a maximum daily dose of 240 mg.
How Long Does A Bloated Stomach Last
If your bloating is due to something you ate or drank or to hormone fluctuations, it should begin to ease within a few hours to days. If you are constipated, it wont go down until you start pooping. Water, exercise and herbal teas can help encourage all of these things along. If it doesnt go away or gets worse, seek medical attention.
Recommended Reading: What Can I Eat To Clean My Stomach
Best Medicines For Bloating 2020
Feeling bloated and gassy? Its easy to feel like your stomach is unpleasantly full when you eat the wrong food too fast and too much. No doubt, tooting your way through work or chores can be very unsettling, but there are things you can do to help ease that discomfort fast.
Taking some over the counter meds for bloating will relieve that full, gassy feeling in just a few minutes however, dont think that any old medicine will get the job done for you. Your body is unique, reacting positively only to medication formulations that are right for it.
Before you go out and buy a remedy for your excessive gassiness, be sure to read through this comprehensive buying guide for the best medicine for bloating.
Best Medicine For Bloated Stomach Reviews
Choosing the appropriate medicine for bloated stomach can be tough. However, if you consider these factors, your job will be easier.
- Product Quality: One of the most important factors to consider when purchasing a product is its quality. Nobody would want a low-quality or easily worn-out object. They are even willing to spend a somewhat greater price for a good product.
- Reliability and durability are inextricably linked. Because it is tough and resilient.
- Ease of Use-The main reason to purchase a medicine for bloated stomach is to alleviate as much effort of your task as possible. For this section of our review, we looked at what steps are required for operation and how much attention we had to pay.
- Ergonomics Ergonomics was a much simpler metric for these products. We split it into three aspects: comfort, aesthetics, and profile design. Most of our listed products are decently comfortable, and we think it is one of the group’s sleeker and more stylish designs.
- Value is always important, but the range for medicine for bloated stomach is relatively narrow. We feel that the #1 model offers a great value for most people and that the #2 is great for advanced users.
After extensive research, we selected each of these medicine for bloated stomach based on their performance and dependability.
Best Overall medicine for bloated stomach:
This medicine for bloated stomach is the king of the hill.
This item can do it all and do it all the better than the rest.
Read Also: How To Remove Stomach Pain
How Can I Prevent Stomach Bloating
If your stomach bloating is caused by diet or alcohol, you can help prevent it by making some lifestyle changes. Some good general guidelines include:
If the cause of your bloated stomach is something more specific, such as specific food intolerance, perimenopause or a medical condition, you might need a little help with diagnosis, treatment and prevention. Some options include:
Lemon And Baking Soda Ease Digestion
Baking soda contains flavonoids that aid digestion by neutralizing the excess stomach acid. However, it is important to use it in moderation, as excessive baking soda can render the stomach acids ineffective.
How to use:
Mix ½ teaspoon of baking soda and 1 teaspoon of lime juice in a cup of water and consume.
Note: This remedy is not scientifically proven but has been shown to alleviate the symptoms of gas.
Read Also: What Can I Put On My Stomach To Tighten Skin
You May Like: How To Get My Bloated Stomach Down
Magnesium Phos: Homeopathic Remedy For Bloated Abdomen With Pain In Abdomen
Magnesium Phos is the best natural Homeopathic medicine for curing a bloated abdomen with pain that is either colicky or cramping. Magnesium Phos is also a very efficient medicine to relieve gas with distension and pain in abdomen. The symptoms for using Magnesium Phos are fullness in abdomen with gas and colic in abdomen. Such colicky pains force the patient to bend double for some relief. Hiccups and belching accompany the colicky bloated abdomen. The person loosens clothing due to fullness and distension in abdomen. Another prominent symptom is relief from applying heat or pressure on abdomen in colicky pains.
How To Get Rid Of Gas Pains And Bloating
We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Heres our process.
The average adult passes gas between 13 and 21 times a day. Gas is a normal part of the digestion process. But if gas builds up in your intestines and youre unable to expel it, you may start to feel pain and discomfort.
- swallowing air while you eat or drink
- gum chewing
Make an appointment with your doctor if your gas symptoms:
- cause you distress
- change suddenly
- are accompanied with constipation, diarrhea, or weight loss
Your doctor can determine the underlying cause. If you dont already have a primary care provider, you can browse doctors in your area through the Healthline FindCare tool.
Also Check: What Causes Stomach Virus In Adults
What Other Information Should I Know
Ask your doctor or pharmacist any questions you have about taking this medicine.
It is important for you to keep a written list of all of the prescription and nonprescription medicines you are taking, as well as any products such as vitamins, minerals, or other dietary supplements. You should bring this list with you each time you visit a doctor or if you are admitted to a hospital. It is also important information to carry with you in case of emergencies.
Recommended Reading: What To Drink For Stomach Pain
How Common Is Stomach Bloating
Between 10% and 25% of otherwise healthy people complain of occasional abdominal bloating. As many as 75% describe their symptoms as moderate to severe. About 10% say they experience it regularly. Among those diagnosed with irritable bowel syndrome , it may be as much as 90%. Up to 75% of women experience bloating before and during their period. Only 50% of people who experience bloating also report a distended abdomen.
Recommended Reading: How To Get Good Stomach Bacteria
Can Bloating Be Prevented Or Avoided
There are many ways to prevent and avoid bloating:
- Avoid the foods that are known to cause gas. These include cabbage, Brussels sprouts, turnips, beans, and lentils.
- Avoid chewing gum.
- Avoid using straws for drinking.
- Reduce or avoid drinking carbonated drinks .
- Reduce or avoid eating and drinking foods that include fructose or sorbitol. These artificial sweeteners are often found in sugar-free foods.
- Eat slowly.
- Eat more foods high in fiber to prevent constipation. If foods alone dont help, consider taking a fiber supplement.
- Avoid dairy products if you notice they cause gas and bloating.
- Quit smoking.
Left Side Of The Abdomen
This part of the abdomen contains a portion of the body of your stomach, the tail of the pancreas, and your spleen.
The spleen is an organ that filters blood and supports the immune system.
Center left and center middle:
The transverse colon and the small intestine make up the center left and center middle of the abdomen. The small intestine is where most food digestion occurs.
The transverse colon is the upper part of the large intestine, where unabsorbed food is carried after going through the ascending colon. The small intestine is the organ that takes up most of the abdomen.
The descending and sigmoid colon portions are the part of the digestive system that stores unabsorbed food remains and waste before they leave your body.
Don’t Miss: What To Take For Upset Stomach And Diarrhea